My Thing

My Life , My World ...


A Dream Come True ...

Wanted to blog for days but then i am too tired to write ... i didn't really studied the pass few days, feel very guilty of my actions now. Should really be determined in my work. Sana kata nak rajin, sini pulak kata berdosa. What crap !!! Hmmm ... but sometimes things come at the wrong moment. Distractions, unforseen ...

It happened last friday, when i returned from replacement classes from my uni. I drove back with a very uncertain feeling, as i received a sms offering me a job few days before. I then noticed that my cousin sister was offered too. So, we dressed into proper attire and set for the place. I was too lazy to drive, so i asked my brother to tag along. I was kinda nervous, as it is one of a great opportunity for us all. This wasn't my first time. I tried but got turned down. So this is a chance that i should grab.

We reached the office in the afternoon and we were asked to fill up the forms given. So we wrote whatever necessary down, and waited for our turn. They also gave us a small leaf of paper with a few lines on it, and we were asked to act it out. I was so nervous, as there were so many people - girls, guys - all boosted with confidence. I said to myself, this must be a tough one. I dressed up quite comically that day, so that i can impress the people. When it was my turn, I walked up, say 'hie' and introduced myself. They were quite impressed after looking at how i wore that day and it left them a very good impression of myself.

They asked me to introduce myself again, but this time to the lens. I was so nervous that they can see my hands trembling, yes, shaking vigorously. So they asked me to relax and read the lines out when i'm ready for it. So i read it line by line. I did it in quite a funny way, and they laughed out loud. I was wondering, are they going to take me? So i did what they asked me to perform. Next came my cousin, who did well too. Lastly, we asked my brother to give it a try. After persuading for some moment, he decided to dare the challenge, and went for it at last. We went home that day, and were told that they will inform us when we get the job.

I was waiting for the call through the weekend. Wasn't really praying for it, but just hoping that it will turn out the way i want it to be. I received a sms on Monday while having lessons saying that i made it. I was dumbstrucked. I got it! I was given the chance to be on air. I am going to be on tv! Yahoo! Tv commercial ... not as an extra (also known as "keh leh feh"), but as main cast. My cousin got a role too ... as an extra. Guess what, my brother who didn't wanted to cast also got a role. Everyone was filled with joy. On tv ... Woo Hoo ... I can't believe that this is happening to me. My dream of being on tv is fulfilled.

The commercial is on Julie's biscuit and the commercial is divided into 4 segments. College Scene(1 main & 4 extras), Field Scene(1 main), Office Scene(1 main & 2 extras) and Picnic Scene(2 main). I think that i am giving out too much information on this. So, to cut it short, i am chosen to go for the Field Scene, and that is like ... Wow ... i'm doing it solo ... Gosh ... !!! What a great opportunity for me. I have to appreciate and give the best out of myself. Yes, Yang can do it!

We were asked to go back to the office on Wednesday(that is today) to try out outfits so that we would pick the right one to go on tv. Besides that, we met the other casts and extras that are going to be on the commercial too. Shooting will start on Friday and i would be the first one being filmed. Hmmm ... Just can't wait for this wonderful experience to happen this Friday. Will share more of my experience after the shooting. Will try to snap some pictures to upload here.

2 Responses to “A Dream Come True ...”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    wow! congratulations! *applause*
    ur dream really came true wor.. :P
    and yi ting really went for the audition n made it? gosh... dat was rather surprising n unexpected... can't believe he actually dared to do the audition.. u mentioned 'brother', n i was thinking do u have anymore brothers besides yi ting? n i was like, oh, u only have 1 brother n it's yi ting! LOL!
    anyway congrats again, n do keep us updated with ur life n juicy stories... ngek ngek...
    can't wait for the commercial to go on air...
    oh, this means yi ting n u r the 4th n 5th in this family to go on tv, after gua ma, dee yi n ah ku... ^^
    btw, dunno what went wrong with my blog page... can't access into it since yesterday...
    since i playfully clicked on the "free hit counter" on ur blog n actually registered it... i put the webpage as my blog, n it showed a warning dat it'll block my page n call me stupid names (sounds fake) if i alter the html code... which i didn't even use the code... *sob*  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    whoa! O.o congratz man!

    i'll be watching the TV for you ;) haha.. who knows where this will lead?  

Post a Comment



© 2006 My Thing | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health