My Thing

My Life , My World ...


Whose Life Does It Belong To ???

My mood didn't turn out the way i wanted it to be yesterday. Was slightly moody, as i had some disagreements with my mom. And that happens all the time, who won't? Was talking about my friends in the UK and their experiences, about how different people are over there. As those who know me, i am a person who likes to travel, meet new people and explore new things. Whereas for my mom, she is not to mention, conservative or old-fashioned. She is so against the idea of me going to the overseas to further my studies. I know she is worried about "something".

We have arguments on all sorts of topics - food, movies, music, culture ... you name it we argue about it. But some people say that arguing is an essential way of improving ones relationship with the rest. So, i wouldn't stop and will keep on arguing.

The "hottest" topic we often argue about is on the path of life i want to lead later. This caused a lot of stir in and out. Sometimes we even get friends and other family members involved. Frankly saying, i think i am more of the artistic type of person but my parents, especially my mom, thinks that i should be scientific. Maybe they watch too much "StarWars" during their teens.




There might be a lot of factors contributing to these - the main one is that my dad has a business in this industry, and he plans to inherit it to me ... i suppose. If it isn't the case, why make me do engineering then? They would usually give me all the reasons, saying that i want you to live a better life in the future. But they didn't realise that "better life" means financial stability. Some might think, how foolish are you not to go for wealth - money makes it all. I know, but what is the point of making a lot of money when you are not doing what you enjoy.

Some of my friends are facing the same dilemma as i do. Some in an opposite way. They are asked (or "forced") to do the subjects or course they dislike, whereas some are unsure of what they want in life. It is just funny sometimes how humans are behaving. They are given the choice but they are uncertain and vice versa.

The other reason for not allowing me to do what i want is because they say that involving yourself in the art industry makes it hard to outshine. Who say so? If you have all what it takes to be one and are destined to do so, i don't think that this may happen. Although some artists like Vincent Van Gogh whose works became recognised soon after his death - i believe he feels contented with what he had in life as he did it for passion. Take Paris Hilton, sing it, shake it, slime it a little and voilĂ , there you have *bling bling* shining star.



Another reason for not letting me do it, is due to "your uncertainty in choosing what you like". Yes, i admit that i am uncertain at times but i am sure it has got to do with my upbringing. I will tell you things that i have learnt half way in life - gymnastic, organ lessons, guitar lessons, drum lessons, japanese, dancing classes, golf, tennis etc. They have sort of blurred my vision in life. But i am sure that one day i know what i want. Science is not my cup of tea.

My mom always say that, girls only do pharmacy, designing and psychlogy. I am so against that statement. It is very stereotypical to take things in that way. It is only a minority of the people that she is referring to. I understand that things are not easy in life, but it would make it more meaningful if one does it with passion and full commitment. But i agree that what you study may not be what you work for as a living. I have seen some engineers turning themselves into stage performers.

Sometimes i have thought of my parents arranging my marriage for me, so that they could be happy and satisfied for all of their life. This is like a "barrel concept" it turns round and round and would never end. It is passed down from generation to another. Once, my dad even told me that he wants us to do what they want is because they don't have the opportunity when they were younger. So am i going to make my children actors then? Zhang Zi-Yi or maybe Chow Yun Fatt? This is so wrong way of thinking. We should instead give them some space of their own and let them realise their talent. Gosh ... enlighten the people !!!



I have yet received another message from my friend from UK this morning saying that there is a "Lesbian and Bisexual Club" in their college. Wow ... that is so cool ... people are given the equal rights although they have different tastes. Human are still human, but it is only gays who does different things on bed, that's all! As if they would walk to some straight men/women and rape them?!

My maid from philippines was cleaning my study table this morning when she saw my "D&G" (Dolce & Gabbana) belt and said : D&G would be different if the "&" is changed to an "O". (sweats ...)

3 Responses to “Whose Life Does It Belong To ???”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    pharmacy for girls?oh dear...since when???it's 21st century...if u were to say nurse for girls,i might understand(am i a little bit conservative??haha)...but pharmacy for girls???i don't think so...male and female stand equal chance to pursue for any course they want or they interested.am i correct??  

  2. # Blogger Lynn

    oiks. so you have started blogging. :D
    and even with the url kyy1986129. you've kept it since forever! our "password" hahahahaa. omg. those were the days. anyway, i'm proud and happy that you're still striving for a life that you want to live, and not be put down by your protective parents. parents will always be parents. they love you and well, they would just have to accept the facts one day, non? one fine day that is. :U  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    errr... if we can't change the situation, learn to accept it with an open heart then...
    we'll be happier doing something when we have accepted it and do it willingly...
    behind every decision lies a reason... like wat lynn said, parents want the best for us, although they sometimes don't understand.. but heck, this is life... life's full of challenges to make us grow... accept this challenge to prove that you can obey with their wishes and still enjoy what you always liked...
    btw since when u changed maid eh? but she's hillarious lot! imagine wearing a belt with a buckle spelt as DOG... LOL!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 My Thing | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health