My Thing

My Life , My World ...


Don't 'Just Do It' ...

Do you realise that sometimes people does things without knowing or forgetting the main purposes and objectives of doing it?

It happens all the time, when people's mind become used to the things they do. All becomes routine and they do it unconsciously. For example, writing e-mails. Some people might think that i am cocky as i seldom reply e-mails unless i really mean it. Why say this??? In my opinion, I think that, if you want to do something, you should do it from the heart and not do it for the sake of doing it. This is pointless. Replying an e-mail just because you have to, makes the content fake. This doesn't imply that replying an e-mail once you receive it, is wrong or something. I feel that it is just not original. Some people have 'it' upon receiving and some don't. So, why force yourself when 'it' is not there.

Another example would be commemorating death anniversaries. This is my personal experience. I feel pity for my grandpa whose death anniversary falls on the day after today, that is tomorrow. On this day, all pur relatives gather, we pray and pay our respect to grandpa, but is this from the heart? Are we doing it because we have done it for years? Do you think that anyone would think back of the good and sweet old memories we spent with my grandpa. The answer is NO, although my grandpa died before i was born ...... but ... (there is always a but) i do think of the times i would be spending with my grandpa if he was still alive today. So, the anniversary is just a reason for a family gathering and meet up. Again to stress out, it is not wrong to do so. There are pros and cons in everything. We can regard things in different angles and we should not limit ourself to a certain point of view. Since this is the angle i am discussing in this blog, i would not talk about the rest.

Next example, lovers. Some people say stuff like ' i love you', ' i miss you' when they are in a relationship, do you think that it is from inside? Sometimes, when my friends say that to me, i would feel the goose bumps, because it is too fake and i am feeling like they are reading their script to me. I don't mind if you are saying it playfully. Saying it too frequently makes it valueless. Whenever you meet, ' i love you' and whenever you depart, ' i miss you'. How true is it? People makes it very common nowadays and it is no difference from the normal 'hie' and 'bye'. It would no longer be impressive if you use it too often, no longer romantic.

This is not the way it is. People are forgetting what they are doing. Doing for the sake of doing it. It does happen to me sometimes. In parties and events. Some people would try to break the ice, but some stay cool. It is hard to think of what to say and keep the conversation going at moments and it might create an akward atmosphere. For instance, talking on the phone with an old friend whom you'd never contatcted for ages. In this situation, a pen and paper would be essential - writing what i want to say, point by point and topics that may help break the ice. While chatting, jotting down points and ticking stuffs you have discussed may help you avoid an embarassing atmosphere. I know it is fake, but i have no other choice than doing this. It is like writing an essay - head, body, end. It might be too systematic and some might comment on it as too formal, but it is definitely better than giggling and laughing on the phone to drag time.

End in end, do what you mean and mean what you do!

1 Responses to “Don't 'Just Do It' ...”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I agree with you.
    I too, dislike people making me say things that I don't mean.
    Or rather, when I don't feel like it at that moment.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 My Thing | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health