My Thing

My Life , My World ...


Summary - Past

Okie, I'm back but I can't really tell for how long this time as ... well, not to say that I'm a person who lives by the day but ... it's just that I need to put more commitment into these whole blogging scene. I promise there will be at least one post a month, I promise ...

I have got people asking and questioning me about the reason i stopped blogging bla bla bla ... and some even begged (ok, I admit I'm exaggerating here) me to resume blogging! Some might be expecting juicy, saucy stuff from me and my comeback and I hope I am not going to disappoint everyone out there who is reading my blog, as I always quote, "No Drama, No Life!"



To keep it short, I'll give a brief recap on things that have occured, is occuring and will be occuring in my life, my world. This summary consists of 3 parts: Past ~ Present ~ Future.

PAST


1. Academic:
Finally done with my first year of studies as a chemical engineering student with all the harsh subjects and courseworks this May (Engineering Maths 1 & 2, Applied Chemistry & Physics, Fluid Mechanics, Professional Skills, Thermodynamics, Separation Process Fundamentals, Heat & Mass Transfer, Engineering Industries, Process Engineering Project, Modern Process Chemistry)



2. Anniversary:
Turned 22 in January and is starting to feel old. My one and only arm tattoo which will be going into grave with me on the day I decease(don't think I will erase it) turned 1 year old in April.



3. Art:
Got back into the art scene by being a volunteering actor in the 'Short & Sweet Workshop' at the Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre in April, and is intending to be more active in the theatre the upcoming year. Did some acting for my cousins' documentary on the 'Teenagers of the New Age'(will try to get the video from her).



4. Books:
Tales of the City & More Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin gives an insight on the life of San Francisco(one of my favourite city) which I bought while I was in the States last summer. There are 6 books from the series, 2 down 4 to go.



5. Concert:
Caught up with the diva 'Celine Dion' in April at Stadium Merdeka, a one of a lifetime not to be missed performance which was attended by the King & Queen of Malaysia. Am happy to have attended her concert, as I missed out the one in Vegas.



6. Election:
Elected for the first time in my life and was a part of Malaysia's 12th General Election in March in which the National Front(Barisan Nasional) won only by a simple majority to the oppositions.



7. Event:
Got involved and was the secretary for my university's Students Association Entertainments Team last autumn, which was in charge of the biggest annual event of our university ~ The Annual Dinner(themed 'Bedazzled'). Apart from that, was also the coordinator for the 'Mr & Ms Nottingham 2008 ~ Auditions, Semi-Finals & Finals'.



8. Health & Fitness:
Got introduced and addicted to Yoga & Pilates! Found it very spiritually and mentally helpful in aiding to ease the mind of a fast-paced urban soul.



9. Holiday:
Went for a short 3 days 2 night outdoor trip to Endau-Rompin State Park, with my former elementary school classmates in May, got to immerse ourselves in the nature and to strengthen bonds among old school buddies. Donated blood too, to irritating and annoying mosquitoes and eerie and gross leaches. Ewww ... For more updates and pictures, try one of my buddy's(Taw Jin) blog post on this particular trip at - http://babebuddie.blogspot.com/2008/05/endau-rompin-trip.html



10. Movies:
Watched a couple of movies along the months and only a few caught hold of my attention. Iron Man, Fool's Gold, Indiana Jones 4, Horton Hears A Who & Ma Vie En L'air(Love Is In The Air).



11. Music:
Was into Sara Bareilles, Colbie Caillat, Spice Girls, Leona Lewis, Amy WineHouse, Maroon 5, Jordin Sparks & Celine Dion.



12. New Encounter:
Found this very beautiful spot called the 'Look Out Spot' on a hilltop which oversees the whole cityview of the bustling Kuala Lumpur in February. Started using Facebook in November and has never been so addicted before.



13. People:
Met new faces while working for the Entertainments Team. Got the opportunity to meet up with Carmen Elektra, Kelly Rowland & serve Elijah Wood while working in LAX Terminal 6 as a barista last summer. Can't believe that I actually have the chance to bump into them ... they were awesome and Elijah Wood is shorter than I am. :P



14. Relationship:
Undergone in some sort of confusing phase with someone that I would consider as a fling which didn't turn out well, as the person was in a relationship with someone at that moment which made me a 3rd-Party. The lovey-dovey didn't last for long but we are still in good terms(I hope)!



15. TV Reality & Series:
As usual, American Idol ~ Season 7(where David Cook was crowned winner). Besides that, Project Runway ~ Season 6, Make Me A SuperModel(i strongly recommend this, as it is so much better than America's Next Top Model & the models are hotter!), 30 Rock (Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy), Pushing Daisies, Californication (contains adult content). Am still allocating time for Heroes, Prison Break & Grey's Anatomy thid summer. Thank God the Writer's Guild didn't pen down and not write anymore!




16. Work:
Was with my dad for a couple of months helping him with his company as his PA resigned, and so I had to aid him in exports. Dealt with foreign customers, from Indian to Thai. Did mistakes, learned new stuffs. Other than that, I also did a 5 day roadshow for the 'Dutch Lady' dairy company at Midvalley Megamall in May, and I enjoyed the process a lot especially communicating with the consumers, it was actually my first time doing sales, and I admit, I performed somewhat good! :P

Now I'm done with my first comeback post, I know it may seem to be a little too long, but hell, it's been sometime and this is what some are asking for, non?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Responses to “Summary - Past”

Post a Comment



© 2006 My Thing | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health